How buying a charity gift works
Buying a Real Good Gift is real easy!
Simply follow these easy steps:
- Resist the temptation to wrap up another panic purchase. No-one needs more of those. Our Real Good Gifts are a gift card and donation in one, made to put big smiles on faces and help people who really need it.
- Choose your gift, and a gift card format. We've got pdfs to print at home and video cards to email or SMS.
- Keep an eye out for an email with a link to your giftcard. We’ll also email you a tax-deductible receipt for your purchase.
- We'll get the money to the Red Cross program area that makes your Real Good Gift come to life, supporting people through vulnerability and crisis.
- Feel real good about yourself, you just gave a real good gift!
What you're giving
When you select a Real Good Gift for your mother-in-law, best friend, colleague – in fact anyone – your charity gift goes to help real people. Give our Not Another Novelty Mug or Not Another Board Game and your gift supports people who are isolated, facing homelessness or crisis. Add Not Another Pair of socks to your cart and you’ll also be helping migrant families with essentials like groceries, medicine or covering the rent.
How our charity gifts are chosen
Red Cross is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world, working here in Australia and in almost every country on earth. In Australia we help people through disasters, support refugees and work with people overcoming crisis. Overseas we’re on the ground after major disasters and we’re in communities over the long haul helping them recover. Our gifts reflect the real work our teams on the ground deliver.
Where your money goes
Each gift represents the work we do in Australia or overseas. The money from your ethical gift will be pooled into funds to support specific areas of work or programs, and by doing this, we can ensure our Red Cross staff and volunteers are making the greatest impact on people’s lives. You can read about how your donation will be used on each charity gift page. If we receive contributions in excess of the needs in your chosen category, we will use it in other categories represented by other charity gifts. Red Cross will not deduct more than 10% from this campaign to cover administrative and operational costs.
Australian Red Cross Society (ABN 50 169 561 394) of 23-47 Villiers St, North Melbourne VIC 3051, a leading humanitarian charity and a member of the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement. Contact: 1800 RED CROSS (733 276).