‘Art that does Real Good’ 2020, Terms and Conditions
As an entrant you must agree to and comply with the following terms and conditions. Failure to act in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in your entry not being considered.
"Advertisers" means third party operated websites.
" Australian Red Cross/Red Cross/We" means Australian Red Cross Society ABN 50 169 561 394. Address: 23-47 Villiers Street North Melbourne, VIC 3051, Phone: 1800 RED CROSS (733 276), Website: www.redcross.org.au.
"Event" means ‘Art that does Real Good’ competition which is part of the online Australian Red Cross ‘Real Good Gifts’ fundraising initiative
"Linked Sites" means third party operated websites that are hyperlinked from Event Websites.
"Materials/Material" means the intellectual property and content used for the Event on the Event Websites.
"Register/Registering/Registered" means completing the Event registration form online at realgoodgifts/register
"Registered entrant" means a person who has completed in full the Event registration form online at realgoodgifts.org.au
"You" means the person who registers to participate in the Event.
‘Art that does Real Good’ competition promotional period ("Promotional Period") will run between Monday, 3 August 2020 and Friday, 4 September 2020. Entries close at 5.00pm AEST on Friday, 4 September 2020.
How to enter:
- This is a game of skill where entrants submit a piece of artwork and compete to have their artwork selected for acknowledgment by, and use on, the Australian Red Cross online ‘Real Good Gifts’ fundraising initiative. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- ‘Real Good Gifts’ is an ongoing fundraising initiative owned and operated by Australian Red Cross.
- To enter, you must have registered to participate at the Event website at realgoodgifts.org.au and provided all required details.
- By registering and participating in this event, you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You must live in Australia to participate in this Event.
- If You are under 18 years of age, you must have the express permission of a parent/guardian before taking part in the Event. There is a mandatory parent/guardian consent tick box as part of your registration that must be ticked by a parent/guardian.
- Employees of Australian Red Cross are excluded from entering the Event. Family members of employees are eligible to enter the Event.
Submission and judging of Artwork:
- You must submit your artwork for the Event by completing the online registration form via the Event website at realgoodgifts.org.au. Artwork not submitted online at the Event website will not be considered.
- Multiple entries can be submitted by a single entrant, however, each piece of artwork must be registered and submitted separately through the Event website.
- All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries may be created using any medium.
- Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Australian Red Cross is not responsible for any costs incurred by the entrant in creating the artwork or any associated costs;
- All entries become and remain the property of Australian Red Cross.
- Entries will be judged by members of the Australian Red Cross Engagement and Support Team.
- Entries will be judged at Australian Red Cross, 23-47 Villiers Street, North Melbourne on Wednesday, 9 September 2020.
- Decisions made by the judges are final and no correspondence in respect to how artwork was assessed will be entered into.
- There will a maximum of ten (10) pieces of artwork selected for use on the Event website.
- Each entry will be individually judged, based on individual creative merit.
- Australian Red Cross reserves the right not to select any of the submitted pieces of artwork for use on the Event website.
- Successful entrants will be notified by phone or email or confirmation letter within 5 working days.
- Australian Red Cross may use the successful entrants’ personal information provided in the online registration form and artwork for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes. The personal details of an entrant will be published in an anonymised format for any commercial use by Australian Red Cross.
- Successful entrants will have their artwork acknowledged and used by the Australian Red Cross ‘Real Good Gifts’ fundraising initiative; this cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or any other goods or services.
Australian Red Cross is not responsible for:
- You agree to release Australian Red Cross to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the Event, and indemnify Australian Red Cross for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person in any way associated with the Event caused by your breach of these responsibilities or negligence.
Event websites and use of promotional material
- This Event will use an Event website run by Australian Red Cross and other sites operated by third parties (Event websites).
- The content of the Event website redcross.org.au, realgoodgifts.org.au, such as text, graphics, images and names (“Material”) is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
- The Event Websites are run by Australian Red Cross for this Event and for the ‘Real Good Gifts’ fundraising initiative. Content may change but the sites will remain dedicated sites for this Event and the ‘Real Good Gifts’ fundraising initiative.
- Upon entering realgoodgifts.org.au you have accepted and must comply with the Terms and Conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property on the Event Websites. Your use of and/or continued access to the Event Websites constitutes your agreement to the Terms and Conditions.
- Realgoodgifts/register is operated by a third party. Australian Red Cross does not warrant that realgoodgifts/register operates error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. Australian Red Cross cannot be held liable for any cost of servicing or replacing your equipment.
- Upon entering realgoodgifts/register you have accepted and must comply with the Terms and conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property requirements.
- The Event Websites may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors ("Advertisers"). Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by us or a list of third party advertisers endorsed by Australian Red Cross.
- The Event Websites may contain hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
- Linked Sites that we are endorsing for the Event include Facebook; Twitter; Funraisin, and Instagram. Other Linked Sites that appear on the Event websites might not be endorsed or authorised by Australian Red Cross.
- Your use of an Event website or Linked Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions of that site.
- If your use of the Event Websites results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Australian Red Cross cannot be held liable for any associated costs.
- Australian Red Cross does not and cannot be involved in your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, Australian Red Cross is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.
Use of the red cross emblem
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Red Cross emblem, this being "a red cross on a white background" is a symbol of protection (protective use) and of membership of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (indicative use). In times of armed conflict, it is the visible sign of the protection conferred by international humanitarian law on the victims of armed conflict and on those who come to their aid; in peacetime it shows that a person or object is linked to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, which is made up of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), National Societies such as Australian Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross Red Crescent Societies.
- Entrants must not use the Red Cross emblem or the Australian Red Cross logo on the artwork that they submit. Use of the emblem is strictly regulated by international and domestic law. In Australia, unauthorised use of the Red Cross emblem may constitute a criminal offence under the Geneva Conventions Act 1957 (Cth). You must not do anything which might bring Red Cross, the Red Cross emblem, or the Red Cross Red Crescent movement into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the Red Cross emblem. For more information on the Red Cross emblem, please visit redcross.org.au/about/the-emblem
- Entrants also acknowledge that the work of Australian Red Cross, as part of the Movement, is governed by seven Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. For more information on the Fundamental Principles, please visit redcross.org.au/about/fundamental-principles
Amendment of Terms and Conditions
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time during the campaign period. Upon amending Terms and Conditions we will re-post them on realgoodgifts.org.au. Entrants will be bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time. Australian Red Cross reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.